Sunday, June 24, 2007

Soeur Africaine

A pretty rare thing happened last night: I met the volunteer in Lagdo before Danielle who was here from 2003-2005 while in country during the middle of my service.  She was in Maroua helping another RPCV (returned peace corps volunteer) set up an NGO/leading a group of University of Maryland undergrad students for a class they were taking, or something like that.  The fact is she was a 3-hour bus ride away, so I had to go and meet her. And since she'll probably read this, it was an amazingly wonderful time.
 
Seriously, though, it was nice to put the name/legacy to the real person, especially since she was in Lagdo for the beginning of the CARE project, and I'm at the end (this coming week is the last one! Adieu! Unnecessary exclamation points!!).
 
Other news, PC Washington guy - the Peace Corps director for the whole world - came up to Garoua/Lagdo earlier in the week.  It was nice to meet him, and since he was appointed by GWB, I spent the whole time wondering how he knows the president (mountain bike friend is my theory).
 
Linkage
A good friend from Wooster, Phil, is going to be a PCV in Kazakhstan, home of Borat and Phil in a couple months.  Here's the link to his blog: Cliquez-moi.
 
Also, here's a link to a collection of different blogs from Cameroon accumulated by Big Brother/Peace Corps Journals: Click me, please.
 
Groinage
Chipper and Smoltz are going through a little tiff, according to espn.com.  They must be realizing their windows are closing and their limbs will fall off my the all-star break next year.
 
Heatage
I got a thermometer in the mail, and I've hung it up on my porch, which is completely shaded at all times.  This is the rainy season, and when it rains, it cools down considerably, and every once in a while, it's so cool, I have to wear normal pajama pants (it's amazing what constitutes a big deal sometimes).  Guess who cold it is? 80 Degrees.
 
The leopard print couch broke after three days.  I'm pissed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home