Thursday, August 10, 2006

PC - Don't Know Much About The French I Took


I have a couple of funny stories - well, a kind of amusing anecdote - from my one year of French my freshman year at Wooster. I can't tell one of them for various reasons, but here's another:

After struggling through another Ms. Binkley class (I think that was her name) on a nice, sunny day in the spring, she let the class go. Not really knowing French, I thought the class was over. The whole class walked the same way out of Kauke, and I headed back to my room in Douglass. Now, usually there are a few people from my class walking in my general vicinity going in the same general direction when class is over. This time I don't see a single person. Strange, I thought. I was almost at the Ebert parking lot, and I start thinking, "oh crap", and I turn around. The entire class is sitting on the stairs of Kauke staring at me, and I can hear Ms. Binkley asking in English where I was going. Aaaaaargh. I should have kept going, but I made a walk of shame back to Kauke, which officially cemented my frustration with the French language.

---------------------------------------

Some non-French things....

* Good article by Tom Friend from ESPN the Magazine about his phone conversation with Maurice Clarett a couple hours before the Mahoning Valley Hitmen star was arrested.

* The Al Harrington deal is never going to get done. If anyone cared about the Hawks, this would be a saga of epic proportions. I just think Harrington hired Tellem in order to smooth out the eventual deal with the Pacers.

* It's all ESPN all the time in this section, but we find out that Donald Sterling has a history of racism and the Cubs are screwing their fans by scalping their own tickets.

* Okay, I'm done with my Buster Olney impersonation (another ESPN reference!), time for Baseball Tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home