Friday, September 15, 2006

No Corner Left Behind

* Jeff Francoeur is getting married. I'm glad she said yes because I'm getting tired of Franky striking out.

* Francoeur has struck out in 20% of his at bats, and his strikeout-walk ratio is 6:1. That ratio would be excellent... if he was a pitcher. He's gotten significantly worse this year (he was already declining at the end of last season), with drops in on-base percentange/slugging percentage, average, and no change in the aforementioned strikeout-walk ratio.

* Here's a nice picture of Matt Diaz after the first game of Wednesday's doubleheader against the Phillies.

* I was perusing the NY Times website last night, and I noticed a banner ad for the new season of The Wire, an excellent police drama that follows the drug dealers and the police of Baltimore (Police is pronounced "poe-lease" in the Baltimore vernacular. And get the Edgar Allan Poe reference? I'm on a roll with that and the Francoeur joke.):

No Corner Left Behind, with a picture of the young black kids (drug runners) that have a story arc this season. I wish I could find a picture of it, but it's a nice dig at Bush. Oh, those crazy Hollywood liberals.

* Speaking of Hollywood, here's an op-ed from the Huffington Post adding to the Walt Disney legend of his staunch conservatism and how it has infiltrated everything Disney.

* Speaking of Mickey Mouse, Justin Timberlake's album, BloodSugarSexMagic - oh sorry - FutureSex/LoveSounds, was released this week. And I bought it. And it's good. Like, really good. Here are a couple different (positive) reviews of it, the Village Voice one really hitting the nail on the head by saying that Timberlake seems to be Timbaland's guinea pig. The pairing of those two seemed odd at first until "Cry Me A River" was released as a single, there was that video, and JT dumped Britney Spears for Cameron Diaz. Now it's a genius move on both of their parts.

My favorite tracks so far: "SexyBack," "My Love" feat. T.I., and "LoveStoned."

* I'm going to see Invincible tonight. There was no way I was going to let Snakes On A Plane be the last movie I saw before leaving.

* Notre Dame v. Michigan and LSU v. Auburn on at the same time tomorrow! It's going to be a good Saturday afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home